Journal Entry 3

Activity: Fruit 123 Objective: Sorting and Grouping
I told the students to group the fruits by their kind and then to
order them from lowest to highest. I then asked them (individually) to give me a pair of cards, "three apples and one cherry" for example. The lesson worked okay but it was a little difficult to explain grouping to them in English. After I gave them an example of what I wanted, they understood and were able to group the fruits in no time. For them to digest the
concept of "give me one banana, two strawberries and three watermelons" proved to be more challenging. I could see them trying to figure out what I wanted and think as fast as they could to get the correct cards to me. They enjoyed the challenge and asked to play again.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home