CDEC 2307 Online Journal

Friday, December 01, 2006

Journal Entry #6


Cube Count Race

This activity was important to ESL learning as it required the students to use the phrase “How Many?” I lined the students up in two groups and placed the colored cubes (so graciously loaned to me by Mrs. LaMontagne) at the front of the line so that one member from each group was racing against each other. I would then shout out, “Two green four yellow and three black” the students would then race each other to put the cubes together in that sequence. “How many yellow?” the students kept asking or “One more time!” I would then ask them to add up all the cubes in the sequence and tell me the sum. The students loved this activity and the second in line often moved in front to help his or her teammate to put the cubes together.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home