CDEC 2307 Online Journal

Friday, December 01, 2006

Journal Entry #7


Color Shape Bingo

This was an excellent way to review the shapes and colors while playing one of the children’s favorite games. Each of the eight students received their bingo card and was told to use eight of the cubes as markers. I then went around and had one student select and announce the shape card. This way each student practiced announcing the shape and all students practiced listening for it. This game was important in that it reinforced their previous practice with the shapes from the last meeting and combined it with the color recall from the previous and other activities. When the student saw the colored shape card I could almost see his mind working on the simultaneous translation of color and shape while he or she was saying “Ehto…ehto…” and I would say, “in English, “ehto” is “uh” or “uhm.”

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home